Old July 11th 03, 07:15 PM
Tiffany

Default Ill Father sentanced to 1 year in prison for failure to pay CS

Dave dave@freedoms-door wrote in message
Joplin man sentenced to prison for failure to pay child support
http://www.joplinglobe.com/story.php?story_id=37546
"..too depressed to work was sentenced to a prison term Monday after
testimony showed that he was diagnosed with major depression.."

So if I don't feed my kid for a few weeks because I am depressed (and a
diagnosis for major depression is VERY easy to come by.) and the state takes
my kid away, can't I just say but hey I was depressed????

though I don't agree with his inprisonment, I don't agree with using
depression as a reason to not work.