Old July 12th 03, 06:15 AM
Batch File

Default Ill Father sentanced to 1 year in prison for failure to pay CS

Well, being one step away from this mans situation. I can sypathize.

"Hobbit" wrote in message
On Sat, 12 Jul 2003 03:56:06 GMT, "Batch File" wrote:
Yes, the key is "can't afford to pay", not "refusing to pay".
Probation, jail, prison, nothing will change the can't afford to pay
thing. Can't afford means can't afford, what don't these court people
and these prosecutors not understand about not being able to afford to
pay a debt. They are blind idiots, once again makes me sick, sick,
sick. No human being should ever be imprisoned over owing money, no
matter what form the debt takes. It is idiotic and perverse.

"Holcomb said he tries to obtain pleas that result in probation to give
parents who legitimately go through a temporary financial setback or a
mistake in judgment a second chance to take care of their children
appropriately and to be available to their children for visitation."

Why don't we give women a second chance ot get off their lazy asses as
oppose to giving them a free welfare check?

Better yet. Why don't we just jail them like we do poor fathers?

"Dave" dave@freedoms-door wrote in message
Joplin man sentenced to prison for failure to pay child support
http://www.joplinglobe.com/story.php?story_id=37546
"..too depressed to work was sentenced to a prison term Monday after
testimony showed that he was diagnosed with major depression.."