Old August 11th 03, 04:52 PM

Default Baby Food Question

On Wed, 6 Aug 2003 15:24:55 -0600, "Ali's Daddie"
wrote:

I am posting this to 3 different NG's, but not cross posting.

Alegra is not ready for solids yet. In fact, the pediatrician said that she
will discuss with us the introduction of solids at our next visit (september
30th). 4 month visit.

What I am wanting to know is how many of you make your own baby food?

What kind of processor (blender etc) do you use?

And lastly, where do you get the recipes?

We are very seriously considering making Ali's food ourselves so that we can
buy only organic veggies and fruit etc..

Any advice would be greatly appreciated :-D

thanx!

We did this with a small plastic easy-to-wash food grinder. We cooked
our own vegetables and meats, then used small amounts of soy formula
to grind/puree the foods for our daughter. The food grinder was under
$20 and she went from soy formula to real food. When she got teeth, we
began by grinding it more coarsely, then transitioned to cut up food.