Old May 3rd 07, 08:06 PM posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding
cjra

Default weaning or maybe not, how to do it?

On May 3, 1:14 pm, Larry Mcmahan wrote:
In article .com,
says...

Just to be clear, again. I have no intention of weaning before 12
months (one year, as stated in my initial post). My question was aimed
at what to do once she reaches 12 months.

I can guess that you don't want to hear this, but I still say wait until
18 months. The value of breastmilk in the second year over not giving
it is proven, the value to your body in having that long to recover
makes the next pregnancy easier, and it's only another 6 months. :-)

"Only 6 months" is a lot different to someone who is 24 and got pg on
the first try the first time vs. someone who is 38 and took 10 months,
including a miscarriage to get pg the first time. Falling into the
latter camp, I'm a bit more anxious to work on the next kid. However,
I will try partial weaning and see how that works.