Old September 16th 03, 06:26 PM
Jill

Default Pregnant with 1st, and scared!

"Naomi Rivkis" wrote
I took Ativan for anxiety before I knew I was pregnant, and was told
sharply that I had to stop that; the benzodiazepines are risky for
babies. So I stopped.

Thank you so much for saying this...I guess I kind of danced around it but I
have had problems with anxiety and panic attacks. My doctors always thought
that was why Klonopin was effective at preventing migraines for me, that it
was sedating and maybe stress/tension/anxiety were triggering my migraines.
Of course I had other known migraine triggers such as perfume, going without
eating, my menstrual cycle etc.

My husband doesn't have anxiety so I am always trying to explain to him what
it is like and why you can't just will yourself to " calm down"...the best
way I have found to get him to understand it is "fight or flight", too much
adrenaline...it's like when you get stung by a bee and your heart speeds
up...or when a car pulls out in front of you and you react and avert a
collision but you remain trembly for a few hours....I really think pregnancy
has made this worse and it must be a combination of hormones and lack of
sleep, not helping.

I am glad someone out there understands! Thank you for your post!

Jill