Old September 14th 07, 01:21 PM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
[email protected]

Default Feel like giving this baby up for adoption, why shouldn't I? Sorry, long.

On Sep 14, 7:43 am, Almost 40 wrote:

5yo DD is distraught that I might give up the baby, her feelings are
the biggest thing bothering me at the moment with this adoption idea.

This was the one thing I was going to mention. Think about it from
the 5YO perspective. She's proably thinking, "If Mommy gives this
baby away, maybe she will give me away too". I imagine that must be
terrifying to your children, thinking that maybe you would give them
away too. This could set them up for serious self-esteem and other
mental issues.

I can't imagine why in the world something like this would even have
been mentioned to the children. Frankly I am horrified that you would
discuss something like this with a 5 year old.

I also wanted to mention that perhaps you should have your 7 year old
evaluated by a mental health professional...she might have some
underlying problem (like bi-polar, ADHD, or something that is NOT
result of poor parenting skills) . Trust me, I know this from
personal experience. My DD was such a problem, I thought it was my
fault, but finally found out that she has several psyciatric issues.