Old May 10th 05, 07:13 PM
Nikki

Robyn Kozierok wrote:

My question is, if your young child is done eating his dinner before
the rest of the family, do you expect him to stay at the table with
you?

No. I even tell them they can go do something else if they are done but
they usually won't go. They are a lot of work if they are sitting there but
not hungry so I wouldn't mind at all! I do have a rule that once you
leave, your meal is over.

If my 4yo isn't hungry he spends his time testing limits at meal time. This
is his all time favorite pass time, lol. It sounds as if the before meal
snacking is meeting your over all nutrition goal so I wouldn't sweat the
part about sitting at the table.

Mine just turned 4yo and 6yo.

--
Nikki