Old May 10th 05, 11:19 PM
Penny Gaines

Karen G wrote:

We do expect our children to stay at the table with us for a little
while when they are done eating.**For*a*long*time*our*evening*meals*were
quite unpleasant because we (my husband and I) didn't really have
anything better to do that critique their manners.**My*husband*came*up
with an evening conversation plan that has helped all of us enjoy the
time whether we are eating or not.**Everyone*actually*looks*forward*to
dinner because we get to share.

This really helps in our family as well: we don't neccessaily insist on
anyone making conversation, but if one kid is saying they aren't hungry,
and hence don't want to come to the meal table, we tell them it is their
job to make polite conversation. Depending on which kid, they may then eat
something.

--
Penny Gaines
UK mum to three