Old January 1st 04, 06:56 AM
Chookie

Default Finally A Breakthrough....I think :)

In article ,
(Zucca4) wrote:

1. Which boob do I give him? The one nearest the matress whilst on my side or
the one on top? I have biiiiiiiig boobs so both are feasible I suppose.

Whatever feels comfy.

Actually could someone describe in detail the nursing whilst laying down
position? Pillow placement, ways to make it more comfortable for me,etc?

I put my lower arm under my pillow (elbow outwards and above the baby's head)
and drape my upper arm over the baby.

2. Am I supposed to be burping him? It would defeat the purpose to have to
rouse him from sleep for this?

Don't burp him unless he's uncomfortable. We found that DS didn't seem to
need burping after night bfing, though he did during the day. My theory is
that night bfing is relaxing so the baby soesn't gulp air.

3. Does such a long sucking period harm his palette or mouth formation in
any way?

No -- bfing is good for mouth development.

4. Could he actually have been getting milk for that long a time or was it
just comfort sucking?

A bit of both, I would imagine. Who cares, anyway?

5. Is his laying flat on his back with his head turned on its side to my
breast for so long ok for him, will he strain anything?

He'll let you kno if he's uncomfortable!!

6. What are the SIDS stats for nursing like this?

No idea; I'd just make sure you aren't using puffy materials near his face.

--
Chookie -- Sydney, Australia

"Jeez; if only those Ancient Greek storytellers had known about the astonishing
creature that is the *Usenet hydra*: you cut off one head, and *a stupider one*
grows back..." -- MJ, cam.misc