Old October 3rd 05, 10:38 PM
Beth Kevles

Hi --

Actually, if you feel up to it, you might send in a letter to the police
station explaining what happened. If you make it clear that you didn't
think the cop himself realized that his SUV was blocking the only sign
indicating the school zone, then the station may mention it to its
officers and the situation may not recur.

I was once ticketed for not obeying an invisible sign. I took
photographs and fought the ticket. The result was that the sign was
replaced with a more visible version (which is the result I wanted).

In most jurisdictions, people in charge actually care about these
things. Not so many towns these days are attempting to make money by
trapping the unwary motorist, at least not in my neck of the woods.

My two cents,
--Beth Kevles

like me to reply.