Old July 21st 06, 08:02 PM posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding
Anne Rogers

Default Breastfeeding challenges

Any suggestions to improve the night time feeding? I haven't mastered
the knack of laying on my side to feed, but will practice that. She
had oral aversion issues initially due to the ventilator, so we were
less worried about nipple confusion and more about her just taking
something.

have you tried leaving the nightime feeding 4hrs after the last feed rather
then 3, it is not particularly unusual for 2 week olds to go the long once
in the day. The frequency she is feeding the rest of the time sounds ideal,
length seems fairly average too.

I know what is usually recommended is to make nightime feedings as boring
and disinteresting as possible, but it might be necessary to go the opposite
way and make them as much like day time feedings as possible, but I think
I'd try waiting longer first, if you are not comfortable with 4hrs, try 3
and a quarter and then 3.5 and so on.

Anne