Old March 29th 07, 07:09 AM posted to alt.support.single-parents
xkatx

Default Single parent check in!

"Bev" wrote in message
oups.com...
Hey folks Watz up? How's life out there? Anybody there? How about some
communication up in here!

Bev

I'm here!

I've been sooo sick...
It started Monday night... I went to bed, tossed and turned. It was so
bloody hot, for some reason. I was informed that I was sleep walking and
sleep talking for most of the night. I also, I guess, was sleep showering.
Wha? Anyways, don't remember it, but that's what I was told!
I woke up in the morning on Tuesday feeling like I had been hit by a train.
I slept until about 5pm. N brought M up to me for feedings and for her to
sleep with me when it was her nap time, but other than kind of rolling over
and feeding M, I didn't do much of anything. I just couldn't!
Tuesday night, I managed to barely make it to Walmart and met a friend and
her daughter there. I took M with me as she tends to settle down in the car
very nicely - sometimes... Picked up a few things I needed and also some
Tylenol and Advil. Went home and popped 1000mg of Tylenol and 600mg of
Advil (what my friend had said to take, as that's what she took right after
her son was born!) boy, did that ever help! I started to feel 100x better
by the time I was ready for bed. Woke up this morning feeling a bit better,
and still feel kind of crappy, but not like the day before.

It's spring break here, so yea, I won't even comment on that one...

I'm still trying to work on scanning the pictures from my mom's (and dad's,
I guess) wedding album to make a wedding scrapbook for Mother's Day for my
mom. Houston, there seems to be a problem with the scanner!!!!! POS is
what it is, IM(NS)HO! It just up and stopped working... Still trying to
bugger around with it but it's kind of ****ing me off more than anything.
I'm about 2 steps away from smashing it into itty bitty pieces. I'm going
to see if my brother(s) will help me out with this... I'll do all the actual
work for it if they'll help me out with some of the expenses, and boy does
there ever seem to be expenses! Decided it would be a lot easier (and
cheaper) to just scan them and bring them to Walmart or something to get
developed. That will cost some $$... I also want to invest in a quality
album - probably a Creative Memories album, and they're fairly pricey... But
at least they're top-notch quality, especially for something like a wedding
book - it's not really something you pull out every time company is over, so
CM books at least are guaranteed and have better pages that don't trap dust
between the plastic. I do have lots of wedding and romatic type stickers
and papers and gadgets... That's not a big issue, it's more the cost to
print pics and buy other supplies like the book and all that. I know my one
brother would help out, but the other is kind of useless, but we'll see.

B's still doing fine in school. He prefers to be riding his bike as much as
possible now that it's been a lot nicer out and the snow is going away.
I've signed him up for soccer for this spring, and he's definitely looking
forward to that. Grandma took him a couple weekends ago and he spent the
night. They went shopping before coming home, and she bought him some
soccer cleats. He doesn't really need them at this age, but it got him
looking forward to playing soccer even more. Still is stupidly nuts over
army stuff and dinosaurs. We're going over to Z's house for a little
playdate tomorrow, as Z's mom called earlier today to see what we were up to
and see if we were free tomorrow. He just turned 6 a couple months ago, and
it seems like yesterday he was just a baby!

A's new favorite word is "pretty" - I do her hair up in piggies all the
time, and I always say something like, "Mommy will do your hair pretty now!"
or "Oh, your hair looks so pretty!" so now she always grabs her bag of
elastics, ties and comb and says, 'pretty!' and her shoes are also "pretty"
too. New favorite word, but it's not as bad as hearing "Yeah!? Pooh Bear!"
all the time! She does say quite a bit, it seems, but it seems to be the
regular, easy words... Mama, Daddy, baby, Pooh Bear, yes, more, pretty, cat,
dog, bear, book, ball, etc., shakes her head no, but won't say no (yay!)
says, "Da" instead of Brandon, what sounds like "Saza" for 'Sally' (the cat)
and the one my bro likes best, "t" (as the sound 'T' makes) for fish...
Although we don't get it... She's used the potty only a couple times, but oh
well. She's 20 months now.

M has mastered rolling not too long ago. She also found her voice a little
while back. She still won't take a bottle of breast milk, but nurses still
like a champ. She can go for about 4-5 hours during the day between
feedings, normally sleeps all night long. Still shows absolutely NO
interest in any type of food - if you can even consider the baby rice cereal
as food. She still seems to have the tongue thrust reflex and won't go near
a spoon. She seems to be content just nursing, though, so oh well. I know
the others were starting solids for sure by this age, as I remember clearly
at the others' 6 month checkups, the ped said to try them on basically
whatever we're eating (with the exception of cow's milk, honey and nuts),
just toss it in the blender. Other than that, she's pretty boring for the
most part as there's really nothing new lol. She's already 5 months, and
does it ever seem like time flies...

Other than that, not much new around here. I've spent most of today doing
massive amounts of laundry. Ugh...