Old July 28th 04, 09:05 AM
AZ Astrea

Default Past Due Support

"Gini" wrote in message
In article , Indyguy1

says...

Chris wrote:

But technically speaking, this is possible anywhere.

How? Just how is this possible *anywhere*?

If you are under the impression a parent can just claim squaters rights

on a
parcel of land, cut down trees (with their bare hands) to build themself

shelter, eat off the fruits of the land, wear leaves to cover their

bodies,
and educate their children from their experiences alone, you are wrong.

=====
Affirmative. My ex and I did this in our hippie days (WV,1970s) except we

had a
rent-free for fix-up on an old, long abandoned farmhouse. We raised our

own
vegetables, meat, eggs, milk--even cut our hay with a scythe, kept honey

bees,
and made our own wine and moonshine (I think the statute of limitation has
expired on that ;-). No electricity, cooked and heated with wood and

carried
water from a spring. We lived on about 2k-3k per year. Cheap but not free.

Our
money went to maintenance on our very old Jeep, chicken feed and misc.

nutrients
for the animals, canning supplies (although we did some food dehydration),

dog
food, household necessities and home fixing materials. We wired, plumbed
drywalled the house before we moved. Note, however that we had no kids

during
most of this time. We adopted our oldest son while there but he certainly

didn't
increase our living expenses. But, we bought a piece of land and built a

"real"
house on it before his first winter--We didn't trust him to keep his

bankets on
overnight and that house was real drafty about 3-4 AM when the wood fire

died
down. We were able to save quite a bit of money while there. BTW, what I

learned
during those years was priceless and they were some of the best years of

my
life.

Wow! Just wow!

~AZ~