Old December 21st 04, 10:13 PM
JennP

"Tori M." wrote in message

I have never been able to
reach my cervix so that leaves an IUD or natural family planning.. I

actualy
did the natural family planning as best that I could but my cycles get
messed up so they are not ALWAYS X amount of days.. When those of you are
TTC and you chart your body temp how do you do that? Also If you got an

IUD
what would be the SHORTEST amount of time you would concider leaving it

in..
I am thinking we will probably TTC again in about 18-20 months unless we
decide at that time to wait longer.. I am already ready to have another

but
we can not afford it and really I am not THAT insane to listen to me so

soon
after birth

IMO, I don't think I'd do an IUD for only 18-20 months. You *can*, but I
think it is meant to be a longer term method. Also, I know finances are an
issue for you, but certain insurance companies don't cover the device, only
the insertion and removal. IIRC, the device will be about $300. Of course,
over time the IUD is more cost efficient but I don't know if it would be
over the course of 18-20 months.

If you look into NFP, I would really study it first and learn as much as you
can before starting. There is a NFP book but also, Taking Charge of Your
Fertility goes into depth on how to chart and read temperatures along with
other reliable fertility signals. HTH

JennP.