Old December 20th 04, 08:22 AM
Brien

Default Incessant, relentless talking and needing constant attention.

My partner two girls, 4 and 2 years old. The 2 year old almost looks
after herself and amuses herself endlessly with whatever can be found
around.

The 4 year old is relentless in her need for attention. She constantly
has to be talking, commentating on everything, interrupting etc. Even
her internal thought process is entirely verbalised.

How can we help her to find pleasure in silence now and again? It's
exhausting just to listen to her!

I can imagine people reading this thinking that such talking should be
encouraged, but I've spent a lot of time with different children (mum
was a child minder), and this is really something else.

Brien