Old February 25th 04, 03:08 AM
Mary S.

Default When have you stopped co-sleeping?

Zucca4 wrote:

boob, he nurses for a bit a returns to sleep. We really love our little
arrnangement.

Of course we try not to listen to other people who tell us he'll be with us
until Kindergarten if we don't break him out of our "dirtly little habit"

People scared me with the "window of opportunity" thing -- there's a
theory that it's easy to transition before 6/7 months, and it's easy at
3+ years when they want to, and it's total hell in between. So if
you're sure that you don't want, say, an 18-month-old in bed with you,
you'd better get the transition at least partly started by 6 months.

Totally didn't happen for us. She coslept exclusively until we bought
her a toddler bed; never slept in anything but our bed at night before
then. We transitioned her very easily at 21 months. She'd crawl into
our bed to nurse at that point. We night-weaned her at almost 23
months, also not traumatic. Your baby may vary, but that was our
experience.

We also love cosleeping. Sproutkin sleeps in her toddler bed about 75%
of the time, and with us the other 25%.

Mary S.
mom to the Sproutkin
and a new wee babysprout, due October 1