Old January 8th 08, 04:11 PM posted to misc.kids
Stephanie[_2_]

Default BOYS... starts with B just like BAD

mom0f4boys wrote:
No! Naughty! Don't do that! Bad, bad boys... I have 4 of them,
ages 6 to 14. One suspended for giving the middle-school art-teacher
too much attitude, one taking Latin, one bringing a Halloween fake-
foot to school and chasing the first-grade girls with it and one not
taking his ADD medication.

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_ss_gw...ildren&x=0&y=0

One son had a Mountain Dew, another asked for a sip. The first
one made a show of pouring a capful of soda. They both laughed, but
the first said, 'Come on, give me some!'
Boy with soda: (pretends to give it but takes it back)
Brother: (waits)
Boy with soda: (sits still)
Brother: (Whacks his brother on the forehead) Come on!
Boy with soda: (Offfers the bottle, but pulls it back last
second, saying) "Promise?"..(meaning promise you won't chug it)
Brother: Yes! (reaches for the bottle)
Boy with soda: (holds up his pinky) Pinky swear? [he is just
being a dog]
Brother: (links pinkies with his brother and bends his pinky
backwards)
Boy with soda: Ahhhh! (dissolves into laughter and gives up
the soda)
Brother: (takes a sip and hands it back)
BOTH: (smiling)

I don't know why I shared this stupid little thing. Maybe because it
isn't PC to enjoy such exchanges. Boys using power plays and
aggression. It is not allowed on school grounds, no matter how much
they enjoy it.
Thoughts about boys?

Boys like to be productive members of their group as much as anyone else as
long as their models value it, teach it, demonstrate it. Nasty antagonism is
not a boy position. It is a break down in the teaching of empathy, respect
and self respect.