Old May 18th 07, 11:16 PM posted to alt.child-support
Chris

Default something I can't really understand...

"Bob Whiteside" wrote in message

"whatamess" wrote in message
oups.com...
Since CPs claim that it costs SO MUCH MORE money to have an additional
child in the home...meals, electricity, insurance, mortgage, etc...How
do they make ends meet once the child support is over, at let's say
18? Do they all of a sudden go hungry or does the CP lose their house
since they can no longer afford the house payment for the additional
child/adult, do they lose their car or insurance since they can no
longer pay the original amount? Or maybe the electric company, the
mortgage company, etc...now lower their bills so they can manage???
Or do they just kick out the 18 year old as soon as the last check
comes in? Or do they make that 18 year old get a job and pay the
equivalent of what the non-custodial parent paid in CS, so that they
all still have a roof over their head, electricity, etc???

I'm just wondering since they all claim that the cost of child support
is NEVER enough to cover the additional cost of raising a child...then
you would think they lose their house, get their electricity shut down
or kick out their kid and all of a sudden, their bills are reduced by
1K (or whatever the CS amount is) so they can continue their lives?

CS is based on child rearing expenditure models within an intact family.
One of the "big lies" associated with CS is CP's believe it costs more to
raise those children in a single parent household so they complain the CS
money is not enough. The problem is too many CP's overspend on their own
personal lifestyles while the CS is pouring in and they blame the children
turning 18 for their reversal of fortune. This, for me, is one of the
saddest outcomes of huge CS awards and the failure of CP's to understand
their financial realities.

Indeed! Eventually, the cows gotta come back home. And when they do, the CP
goes haywire. Par for the course when it comes to such greedy/lazy people.