Old August 2nd 04, 09:41 PM
glunk

Default "choosing" gifts for kids

"Banty" wrote in message
In article 1fvPc.7351$go.1989@fed1read07, Circe says...

Marie wrote:
I have no idea why people think Barbie is mandantory for
girls.

Maybe because the typical 4-6yo girl likes them and they're not exactly

the
spawn of the devil?

LOL!

Hear hear. With birthday parties I do sympathize with the sheer amount of

STUFF
that it leads to, but, if one has strong socio-political-taste objections
regarding kids' toys, one has to either set those aside, be prepared to

intecede
(at home after the party), or just not have a birthday party.

And Barbies are not the spawn of the devil. (Oh NO Banty doncha know

they're a
plot by the International Association of Anorexics looking for a steady

stream
of recruits!)

This goes for boys-guns, etc. etc.

Banty

Incidentally, what ever happened to the announcement I heard on the news
several years ago that Barbie was going to be remodelled to be shaped like a
normal human woman?