Old July 24th 06, 08:14 PM posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding
[email protected]

Default So proud of myself! And DD - NIP

cjra wrote:
I've only been at this since last Monday, and I hadn't figured out how
to BF discretely yet. In the hospital was no big deal, I had no qualms
about ripping off my top. So we had our first outing today to Target.
Of course as soon as we arrived she decided she wanted to nurse again.
I had her in a sling, managed to latch her on (with a little help from
DH) and walk around and continue shopping!

EXCELLENT!!!

Good job. Nursing a newborn is tricky, slinging a newborn can be
tricky. Nursing a newborn in a sling, especially for the first time and
still walking around. PHENOM!

I had Lucy in my solarveil sling (BRIGHT turqoise, Maya-like) downtown
on Saturday. She (and the sling) drew lots of attn. Aside from the one
middle aged woman at the Alamo who came up to me all panicked, "HER
FEET ARE STICKING OUT!!!", the reactions were all positive.
At the zoo today I had a woman stop me, ask where I got it, and write
down the name of the company :-)

It's so funny, in CT, people would comment on the sling or the baby but
NEVER try and look in the sling. When I taught parenting classes I
would tell the parents that if they didn't want people touching their
babies in public to put them in a sling or front pack because while
strangers have no problem invading a babies personal space, they won't
invade yours to get close to a baby in a sling. Well, that held true up
where there is the 'New England Chill' but here in TX? Hah! I can't get
through a quick trip to HEB without someone coming up to me, opening up
the top of sling to try to see the baby better:-) I even had a man
holler from 2 lanes over to ask me how old the baby was. She was 5 days
at the time which freaked everyone out within earshot.