Old January 1st 04, 09:14 AM
teapot

Default How long for alcohol to leave BM?

"*Hunee*" wrote in message . au...
Hi everyone and a Happy New Year!

I celebrated last night with a few too many, and I was wondering how long
the alcohol will stay in my breastmilk.
I gave my DD a bottle last night but put her on the breast this morning.
DH wants me to pump and dump for 3 days but I think this is too long.

3 days, no way! I looked up what damage the odd drink or 3 does to
the baby and the only thing it affects (that I could find out about)
is motor co-ordination in a young baby and that levels out when they
get older. This was about light to moderate drinking though, not
getting raddled every day :-)

teapot