Old January 4th 04, 10:14 AM
Chookie

Default How long for alcohol to leave BM?

In article ,
OSPAM (Naomi Pardue) wrote:

Um, here in NSW we are legally too drunk to drive at 0.05% -- is yours 0.1%?

Varies from state to state. Most are either .1% or .08. I don't know of any
states where it's ,05%. (However, the main point of the figure was to explain
that, even if mom is solidly plastered, the milk is still going to contain
only a fraction of the amount of alcohol that would be found in any actual
alcoholic beverage, and so would not do any harm to the baby.)

True, but your original statement was:

If it was last night, and this is now today, you can certainly bf freely
today, without the slightest concern. The alcohol is long out of both your
blood AND your milk.

The quantity would be too low to cause harm; however, it is not necessarily
zero.

--
Chookie -- Sydney, Australia

"Jeez; if only those Ancient Greek storytellers had known about the astonishing
creature that is the *Usenet hydra*: you cut off one head, and *a stupider one*
grows back..." -- MJ, cam.misc