Old November 4th 04, 04:59 AM
eggs

"Kalera Stratton" wrote in message
I've noticed that minority and biracial people tend to think there's a
use for such groups, while the only people who have objections to them
tend to be caucasian.

Well, it's fairly understandable that the most vocal opposition to
groups that specifically exclude white people, would be the white people
themselves who are, after all, the only ones being excluded.

If it's useless to you, don't join. The usefulness of such a group to
its members, and whether they find a form of support they aren't
finding elsewhere, will determine its success or failure.

-Kalera

I agree with you on this point

eggs.

I wouldn't take offense to this, but I do find it odd and confusing.
Is this an online group? Seems a little weird to me, how do you
differentiate who's what ethnicity over the internet? That isn't
something I've encountered on the parenting groups I've read over the
years, I generally have no clue who is caucasian or non-caucasian.
Either way, I tend to disagree with the general premise, I live in a
very multi-cultural region of the US and I find that while some
cultural differences in parenting styles and norms are evident where
I am, it isn't drawn across such a distinct line in the sand (cauc vs
non.cauc). Maybe its more of a regional effect instead of racial.
I would never choose my groups, friends or affiliations based solely
on race, its too arbitrary - I know plenty of people my own race that
I disagree with.

cara