Old November 6th 04, 07:07 PM
Daye

On Thu, 4 Nov 2004 17:18:48 -0600, "Donna Metler"
wrote:

One of the hospitals has a plan where you can get standard pre-natal care
and delivery support for $2500-paid in monthly installments for a year. Of
course, it doesn't cover anything but the regular OB/CNM appointments and a
standard delivery, but at least it means that you're not hit with a big bill
all at once. The idea is that it's supposed to reach people who don't
qualify for the health plan for low-income people, but who don't have health
insurance through an employer or privately, either.

Where my mother lives, there was a plan like that for dental work. I
don't remember the details, but all of the local dentists offered it.
My mother took out the plan because she needed some dental work done.
If I remember correctly, her payments were something like $14 a month
for 12 months.

I wished more places in the US offered plans like that. My mother and
some other people I know who live in the US could use them.

--
Daye