Old November 6th 04, 07:07 PM
Daye

On Thu, 4 Nov 2004 19:53:44 -0500, "Sue"
wrote:

I did miss that Daye, I'm sorry.

It is okay. I just wanted you to be aware that I was basing my
opinion on experience, not on what I read that the US system was like.

The only time I have been without insurance was when I was in college for
about three years.

Your experiences with no insurance sound like mine. If you had lived
in Australia, the UK or NZ, you would have had treatment available to
you. That is why I am pro-government funded health care.

This must be a clinic that caters to people with no insurance
and it is really sad to hear about all of these people needing medications
and care, but cannot afford it. I admit, our system is definitelyly not
perfect and something needs to be done, but I would not want socialized
medicine.

I can admit that the Australian system has flaws. Lots of them. I
complain about our system all the time. However, I would never, ever
want to go back to the US and live under that system. I enjoy being
able to get the medical care that I need without having to worry about
things like insurance. Yes, I pay for it with really high taxes, but
I am okay with that.

--
Daye