Old December 22nd 05, 05:58 PM posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding

Default Birth Control

"Cathy Weeks" wrote in message
oups.com...
Circe wrote:
"Cathy Weeks" wrote in message
oups.com...

Circe wrote:
The Copper-T (which I have) is 99.2% effective in actual use. The
Mirena
is
closer to 98% effective. (I didn't know there was that significant a
difference until I looked it up just now. I wonder why the Mirena is
so
much
less effective?)

I think you should probably trust numbers from an independent website.

Those statistics are from the FDA's site, which one would think would be
pretty independent!

LOL Fair enough! I *do* wonder how they gather their info, though.

Yeah, I'm not sure, either. After looking at that one, I checked Planned
Parenthood's site and they quoted a 0.1% failure rate for the Mirena in both
actual and "perfect" use. So I don't know where the numbers on the FDA's
site came from.
--
Be well, Barbara