Old January 6th 04, 07:13 PM
She's A Goddess

Default Fontanel as Hydration Indicator?

"Lara" wrote in message
She's A Goddess wrote:

If it was sunken, you'd know simply by looking at it. It is an area of

the
head where the skull plates don't meet yet and is normally levelish.

That
does not mean level. We had a little baldy of a first child and you

could
sometimes see her breathing, or her pulse through her fontanels. When
someone lists it as a sign of dehydration though they really mean

sunken.
Think sunken cheeks on prisoners of war pictures you've seen. Not that
dramatic, but nearly.

Here's a picture - not a great one, but it gives the idea.
http://www.rehydrate.org/dd/img1/dd085.jpg

Thanks for posting that Lara. I tried to find one but didn't have any luck
before a munchkin needed me.

--
Rhiannon
Mom to M. Girl (28 months) and O. Boy (6 months)