Old November 2nd 05, 03:23 PM
Robyn Kozierok

Default Halloween candy

In article ,
animzmirot wrote:

I think a family member should not
be so controlling as to hog an item for themselves and not share it.

That doesn't seem to be what's going on here. Claire simply wants to be
informed if someone used up her "special treats". I handle this by keeping
my special treats in my office. I will share, if asked, but the kids aren't
allowed to just take them as they can with other snacks in the house. That
way, I know myself if we are running out.

With that said, I think anyone that buys halloween candy 3 weeks ahead of
time and expects it to still be there is either from another planet or
living in denial. If you have children, they're going to want to eat candy.

I guess I'm from another planet, or my kids are, because as much as they
may *want* to eat candy, if I tell them the candies are for halloween, and
they shouldn't touch them, they won't. They might beg, but they would
*never* just take them. (As in the OP's case, DH might be a different
story....)

--Robyn
..