Old March 21st 04, 12:57 AM
dragonlady

Default Nedd Advice PLEASE!!!!!!!

In article ,
(anna) wrote:

Hello I am in hopes that anyone at all will be able to help me in
regards to a problem I having. My husband and I have been separated
now for a little over a year and our divorce will be finalized
shortly. We have an 8 year old son whom we share. When I come to pick
him up from his dads he throws a fit and screams and cries and doesn't
want to go sometimes. Once I get him in the car though he is totally
fine and we have a great time together. I am at my wits end with this
and it breaks my heart that he acts this way towards me sometimes. I
am not sure what to do I was just wondering if maybe anyone out that
had any advice at all or thoughts about what could possibly be done. I
don't like seeing him get upset but I need to have my time with him
too. Any advice or thoughts would be greatly appreciated. thanks,

I absolutely agree that trying to find out WHY he's pitching a fit is a
good idea. How does it work when his dad comes to get him at your
house -- does he also get upset then? (In which case he may just have
problems making the transitions.)

However, in the meantime, I understand that you'd like to reduce his
upset. You might consider having the parent with whom he has been
deliver him to the place he's going -- it might make the transition
easier. Alternatively, you might find a neutral location (a park, or
even a fast food place that he likes) to meet at to swap custody -- it
might make the transfer easier on him.

Good luck.

meh