Old February 11th 06, 08:27 AM posted to alt.child-support

Default how to file for child support

"SpiderHam77" wrote in message
oups.com...

wrote:
To the original poster,

Just forget about child support, you probably make a lot more than your
ex. If you live in an income shares state, you are not going to get all
that much money anyway. You are one lucky guy. The system is strange
and silly. You might get accused of abuse. It is a dirty, dirty, dirty
system. Count your blessings, unless you want to post to this group
full time.

See now that kinda of logic and thinking is whats going to keep the
system the same.. Could you imagine telling people from the Civil
Rights movement that because they are black they should consider
themselves lucky to just be working, and deal with it.

Until and unless the Feds and the states change how they treat divorcing
couples, the judicial system will continue to stick it to men as a
collective. Remember, less then 15% of CPs are men. And it's even lower
then that if they get a C$ award. Even then, C$ orders for NCP mothers are
usually set at the lowest possible amount (according to state guidelines -
now there's a joke!) the courts can allow.

Do I agree with the way things are? Certainly not (as my previous posts
will attest to). Nor do I believe that rolling over and taking it is the
answer either. The minds of politicians and the public at large must be
changed before divorce courts equalize their playing field.

To me what alot of you have been saying is pretty much the same
argument. If you read the story he presented correctly.. 6 years have
passed since he was already AWARDED custody. Not fighting for it now..
already awarded it.

Umm, Spider, he declined the award. "..at the divorce I declined any
support. The judge told
me that if I ever want it (child support and health insurance) to come back
and ask for it."

While I see a lot of very valid points being made here, I also believe that
the OP's risk of loosing his kids is incredibly high. If it where me in his
shoes, I'd really have to think long and hard about it before making a move.
But in the end, unless I was hurting bad for cash, I seriously doubt I'd go
ahead with it. I would hate to gamble with my kids like that.

The courts are not going to try and undo this after 6 years of
Custody, if the mother has not bothered to fight for custody yet. I
like to think our judges are a little smarter then that. And can read
between the lines...

That would be a good point, if it was a woman we were talking about here.
But as you are well aware, when the courts see a man, it's almost a done
deal that he'll loose. That's not to say it couldn't work with a decent
judge, which it sounds like he got the first time he was in court. In my
mind the risks are just to great to risk my children's well being for a few
bucks.

But what the hell, try it and see what happens. The best that could happen
is he gets the cash. At worst he looses his kids.