Old July 10th 06, 01:55 PM posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding
Caledonia

Default Asked to leave a public pool

JJ wrote:

It sounds like you had a horribly bad experience, not just a 'bad
experience.' Agh.

FYI, if you do ever fly USAir, don't buy your baby their own seat. I
had another flight attendent insist that I strap my hysterical one year
old into her own seat for a landing, despite the fact that she was
young enough to qualify as a lap baby, and there was a lap baby right
in front of me. She said if I did not, that the pilot would circle
the airport til I did since all ticketed passengers must be seated. DD
got so mad she threw up, and I was furious.

I vote with strapping kids into seats for landing and take-off,
regardless of whether the airline is still upholding the lap baby rule
-- sure, it's annoying, but safer. Sort of like strapping a baby into a
car seat for 'just a quick trip around the block' -- annoying, yes, but
still in terms of safety, pretty reasonable.

Let's not talk about needing to pee (as an adult) within 30 minutes of
landing at Reagan Airport....it was one of those situations where I
kept wondering, "*are* there air marshalls on the plane? would they
really arrest me?". In the end, I just waited....and of course, we had
to circle slooooowly.

Caledonia