Old September 3rd 03, 02:03 PM
Brandy Kurtz

Default 5 month old biting

"sharonx9" wrote in message ws.com...
My daughter is 5 1\2 months old and has had her 2 bottom teeth for a few
weeks now. All has been fine before now with only the occassional bite.
But she got sick on Saturday and had a fever and was very grumpy. Now,
while being sick (for 3 days), she has bit me several times and pretty
hard. My left nipple is so sore! It hurts the whole time she's nursing on
it. I've been using Lansinoh on it today. I need to know how to keep her
from biting so hard. She's only 5 months old and doesn't really understand
the word no. I must say that I will not push her face to my breast to make
her let go though. Any more ideas? And is there a way to help this raw
spot to heal quicker? Do you think it would hurt my supply on that side to
let her nurse the other side most of the time and the left side only
occassionally. Hopefully, it will heal soon but I need to know how to keep
her from biting so hard. I think she is teething again. My other 2
children bit me when they were nursing but never this hard. Thanks!

Sharon

For a while I had to nurse my dd with my finger against her mouth, so
that when she would start to bite down I could break the latch quick,
and rescue myself! I would say no bite nunnies, and then end the
nursing session. The lansinoh is the only thing that I can think of
that is safe to use for your nipples, maybe an ice pack would make it
feel better?

Brandy