Old April 23rd 09, 01:52 AM posted to misc.kids
Jeff

Default Safe internet access for kids

jemhil wrote:
My six year old daughter is very intrigued and curious about the
internet. She knows and understands that having access to the internet
is something different from just using a PC. I would like to introduce
her to the net, but fear exposure to unnecessary and adult sites. How
can I restrict her access to specific sites of her interest?

By keeping the computer in a public location in the house, sitting down
with her often when she is on the internet and keeping a watchful eye on
her and the sites she is on when you are not sitting next to her. In
addition, let her know that you will be watching the sites you visits
carefully and that if she breaks the restrictions you put on her, then
she will lose computer priviledges for a while.