Old April 23rd 09, 03:31 AM posted to misc.kids
toypup[_2_]

Default Safe internet access for kids

"jemhil" wrote in message

My six year old daughter is very intrigued and curious about the
internet. She knows and understands that having access to the internet
is something different from just using a PC. I would like to introduce
her to the net, but fear exposure to unnecessary and adult sites. How
can I restrict her access to specific sites of her interest?

I use Kidsurf on my Windows system and Glubble on my Firefox. They restrict
the surfing to preapproved sites. You may choose to allow only sites you
approve or sites the software makers have scanned and approved. You may
customize them to allow more sites or fewer sites. There are other programs
available.

Ditto keeping the computer in a public area. That really just keeps the
kids who know what they are doing from going where they know they shouldn't
go. The more innocent children can just stumble onto unsafe sites by merely
mistyping a web address. I don't want my kids accidentally stumbling
anywhere they shouldn't stumble.