Old June 3rd 04, 04:36 PM
Jill

Default Looking for a kid-safe vehicle- recs?

"Kat" wrote You could also try to get one of the
smaller SUVs. We have a Honda CR-V and
we love it. We aren't mini-van lovers (as of yet:-)) so we opted to get a
small SUV since we didn't have enough room for our large dog and a baby

too
in either of our cars.

My husband is driving me crazy and he needs to just buy something already. I
really can't choose what I want because Hondas etc cost too much. To be fair
to him I am staying at home and in order to do that (stay home with the
baby) we have to budget. He wanted to keep his truck and I repsect that
since he has always had a truck, so for him to be able to afford this on his
salary, we don't have the option of getting anything too new...Hondas are
high. We have never found an Odyssey that we can foot the monthly payments
for. Right now, we have other expenses (we have to have some work done on
our house, maintenance etc)......my dh is just driving me crazy. He isn't
happy that I am not thrilled with what we can afford although I think the
things we can afford are better than what I am driving now and certainly
adequate, but he doesn't want to hear that...he wants me to be truly happy
with the purchase, which I am NOT going to be thrilled or excited. I can't
pretend to be although I AM considering faking it so that he will get off
it!!! I swear...I am getting ready to be all smiles and "Yay!" just so he
will buy something already. He wants to spend $8000 and not much more. Yet
he wants me to REALLY want his picks for vehicles. SO I am going to pretend
to be thrilled. I have never had an expensive car, I've had the same Accord
for 10 years. It was 4 years old when I bought it. I am not complaining
because I am not working and contributing to the purchse! If I was working I
could have whatever I truly wanted, but I'drather be home with my daughter.
And I have never thought it's practical to buy a brand new of anything since
they depreciate so much in the first 2 years. You lose your *ss. Better
value TO buy used.

But my husband is asking the impossible..he wants me to tell him that what
he is picking for me is YAY, exactly what I want! It will be FINE. Not
thrilling, not awesome, but it will get me where I need to go. And better
than what I have. So we are having a stupid marital argument over this and
it is driving me nuts. (We can't even afford used Volvos unless they are
really old)....

But because I am not thrilled he wants to just NOT buy the Explorer, but it
WAS a good deal. He wants me to tell him what I want and I refuse to because
he can't buy what I want so there is no point in even having him think about
that!! I would probably want a Honda Odyssey or Toyota Sienna. If I was a
single girl, I'd want a lot sportier options. But my husband just needs to
get over it and stop demanding that I tell him what I want. What he can buy
me is FINE and he needs to stop driving me crazy and do it. We HAVE to have
something.........his F150 handles awful, no stopping distance etc.
bumpy.....

This is fun fun debate in the F. household. He doesn't REALLY want me to
tell him what I want, it would make him sick to his stomach.