Old July 23rd 06, 08:31 AM posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding
Chookie

Default Breastfeeding challenges

In article .com,
"cjra" wrote:

I use my hand
to stimulate milk flow and I know she's getting it. She'll feed 15 mins
on one side, konk out totally for 15 mins or so, then is hungry again
but will only spend maybe 5 mins on the other side at most.

That's quite normal. That top-up after 15 minutes is due to a hormone related
to fat digestion. She's also looking like a fast feeder, like mine were.

She will
feed every 1.5 hrs, max 2hrs.

That's also fine. Tiring, but typical of a newborn. It is also obvious that
she wants to sleep a longer stretch at night, which is a good thing!

Any suggestions to improve the night time feeding? I haven't mastered
the knack of laying on my side to feed, but will practice that.

A two-week-old doesn't have good head control. You'll find it much easier in
a few weeks.

--
Chookie -- Sydney, Australia

Kerry Cue