Old November 14th 07, 03:45 PM posted to misc.kids
enigma

Default IQ and what it means in adulthood

Beliavsky wrote in
oups.com:

It's not a matter of status, and it would not be mostly for
my sake. Since I think more intelligent people create
benefits for society, based on the research I have cited, I
will try to encourage my kids to marry smart and good
people and have lots of kids. I'm not sure how to
accomplish that, but I have plenty of time to think about
it.

i think encouraging *anyone* to have 'lots of kids' is
irresponsible. i'm all for encouraging your children to choose
good, kind & hopefully intelligent partners (i'm a marriage
optional kind of person, but i know you aren't), but i think
even mentioning desire for potential grandchildren is, well,
rude & presumptuous.

On average, less intelligent and responsible people have
more kids than their opposites, and that's a bad thing for
society. Some people worry about global warming. I worry
about this.

the world is already at a breaking point for supporting the
human population. we should be aiming for less than zero
population growth. if we do so voluntarily now, we won't have
to have it forced on us later. with global climate changing &
a period of drought ongoing, we really should be utilizing our
so-called intelligence to figure out how to reduce our impact
on the ecosystem, not continue stomping along in our current
"manifest destiny" manner, and *certainly* not encouraging
'lots of children'!
lee