Old July 22nd 08, 09:12 PM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
Jamie Clark

Default OB app't

This is one of those questions that I think is better left unasked, unless
you are looking for permission to wean your daughter. It seems like so many
doctors are not as pro breastfeeding as they purport to be, and will tell a
woman to stop for a myriad of reasons -- pregnancy, meds, illness, whatever.

I say follow your gut and do what you are ready to do. If that means
weaning your daughter by not offering the breast any longer, then do that.
If that means continuing to offer the breast at all the regular times and
continuing the breastfeeding relationship for now, then do that. I don't
think that there is any medical reason that you HAVE to stop breastfeeding
your daughter, unless you are super high risk or something.
--

Jamie Clark

www.ClarkDigitalArts.com

"Rebecca Jo" wrote in message
"Kat" wrote

I did ask my OB, though, about DD2 and her still breastfeeding. It was
at the very end, just as she was walking out the door.
I simply said that DD2 is still nursing, although not very much, and if
this is ok or not. Dr said she recommends DD2 stops nursing completely.
I didn't get a chance to go further or ask why or whatever.
Should she stop nursing? I do know very few people personally that have
nursed while pregnant and did the tandem nursing thing.

I nursed my older son all through my 2nd pregnancy and had no problems
whatsoever. I tandem nursed the two boys for 6 months before weaning
Alexander. I plan on tandem nursing any further children we have as well.
You should do what you're comfortable with.

--
Mama to Alexander 6/6/05 and Jack 7/7/07