Old May 22nd 04, 01:29 AM
zolw

Default frustrated with Doctor. Am I rightfullt so? (a bit long, but

yeah exactly my point. That's why I am not really sure that I should
change caregivers now. I am thinking, since most of you have reassured
me that there really isn't anything he is doing that should make me
unhappy (medically speaking), then should just complete this pregnancy
with him.

Of course, after delivery, I should start looking for another doctor
(since I would have time to check other doctors, before I get pregnat
again. The pla is about 3 years between pregnancies) who does meet my
expectations or needs.

Thanks

Naomi Pardue wrote:

I am sorry I can not help worrying. I may be comforted
if my dr would tell me that I have nothing to worry about, because ....
(medical facts or statistics). BUT him telling me ok (like he is just

taking in info & not even writing it down),

I agree that your doctor could be more personable and empathetic. However, the
best response to unneccesary worry in the patient is NOT to do unnecessary
tests (in this case, lots of u/s's.) The best response is for him to listen to
you and explain things. If he isn't doing those things, by all means switch
caregivers (as many have suggested.) But don't expected that a new caregiver
will be any more willing to do lots of unnecessary tests either.

Naomi
CAPPA Certified Lactation Educator

reply.)