Old May 22nd 04, 01:44 AM
zolw

Default frustrated with Doctor. Am I rightfullt so? (a bit long, butneed help!)

I see your point, but how do i find another doctor that I would be more
satisfied with? I am not willing to go under the stress of jumping from
one doctor to the next, in the last weeks of my pregnancy.I have found
him through my insurance & he has been highly recommended to me by other
people ( nurses, general practitioner etc.). I thought well, if he is so
highly recommended then i can bare with him.

Another poster had mentioned that though i may put up with my doctor
now, it may become harder during labor. Of course this made me think
that maybe she is right.

At this point I am very confused & my husband refuses to make a decision
with me. He says that i am the one who's gonna be laboring, not him
(nice, but not useful).

I hope that I can talk to the doctor next appointment & maybe reach some
sort of a compromise (I have called his office & asked one of the nurses
what she thinks I should do. If i should change doctors or if & how to
approach the doctor, without making him resentful, which would only
complicate things. She said that my first option would be to talk to him
& that he usually is really ok with hearing a complaint. Then if I am
really unable to cope, then maybe I can just try out other doctors in
the same group. After that, I of course have the option of leaving the
group all together.). My only thing with changing the doctor, but
staying with the group is that in delivery, it will be whoever doctor is
on call. What are the chances that he ends up being my laboring doctor? )

Cathy Weeks wrote:

Look, please don't take this the wrong way, but....

You are very worried about your baby and yourself, and you don't like
your doctor because he's a real jerk, yet you are willing to trust him
with your life and that of your baby, because it's incovenient to go
shopping for another?

If you have doubts about this guy, find someone else, right away.
There have been women on this newsgroup who changed doctors right
before their baby was born. At least you have a couple of months to
go.

When you are giving birth is the LAST time you want to have doubts
about someone. That's the time when you want to surround yourself
with people you trust, because its very difficult to be rational when
you are in labor.

Good luck. I don't know about the others, but I'd love to hear back
from you that you've found another person (Midwife, OB, whatever) that
you're much more comfortable with.

Cathy Weeks
Mommy to Kivi Alexis 12/01