Old May 22nd 04, 02:11 AM
zolw

Default frustrated with Doctor. Am I rightfullt so? (a bit long, butneed

OK, explain to me the connection between a lump & an expanding uterus.
Any woman should be concerned when there is a lump (actually any person
should)

Donna wrote:

"zolw" wrote in message

OK, so one of the questions was about a lump I had developed on my
abdomen (where the ribs are). It would hurt. So, I show it to him, he
touches it & says oh that is normal nothing to worry about. I tell him,
well a lump is never normal. Why am I getting this lump? He says that's
your uterus. I say, well, why is there a lump? He says that's your
uterus expanding (& looks impatient with my question).

See, I'm a little confused as to why the above seems insufficient. Your
uterus is expanding, and that is the lump. What more information do you
want? I mean, there isn't much more that he can say about that.

I feel not that
much at ease, so I apologize for asking too much, but I want to
understand what is happening to me. He just looks at me (already got up
from his chair, like he wants to leave the room) & says it is normal,
your body is going through changes & your uterus is expanding.

What more did you want to know? There *isn't* much more.

It sounds to me that you have a personality conflict with this physician.
That's no one's fault - there is one OB in the group I see who irritates me,
so I never schedule appointments with him. Do you have the option of
transferring your care to someone else in the group (if it is a group)?

Donna