Old May 28th 04, 07:26 AM
toypup

Default this is just my luck...

"Christine" wrote in message
and he KNOWS how to be a WONDERFULL dad,

How do you know this? Does he have other children? Maybe he's just feeling
left out or jealous/resentful. Or, maybe he doesn't think she looks enough
like him. I read somewhere that babies tend to look more like their dads
when they are born. Sort of nature's way of making sure the dad knows he's
the dad. After all, a mother knows the baby is hers, but a dad can't
always. Not that he's thinking anything along those lines, but having a
baby look only like the mom and nothing like the dad may make it hard; he
may not even know why.

Can you get him to care for her for short periods on a regular basis, even
if he doesn't offer? Maybe the act of caring for her will get him to bond
with her better. That is how most people bond with their kids, I think.
Even moms don't always feel instant love for their kids until they've had
them and cared for them for a couple weeks. Maybe that wasn't the case for
you, but it's not uncommon. Don't let it go on too long. How he treats and
cares for her now can set a precedent for their relationship later on. If
all else fails, maybe some counseling will help.