Old April 5th 05, 03:04 AM
Ericka Kammerer

Circe wrote:

Whether it would bother my kids or not, I can't say, of course. I am,
however, dealing with the dilemma of finding appropriately challenging
reading material for my 7yo, who has advanced by leaps and bounds this year
and is probably reading at close to a 5th grade level, but who isn't
necessarily mature enough to want to read stories written for kids 10 or 11
years old. Any suggestions would be welcome. (He has read or is
reading--either by himself or with his dad--all of the Captain Underpants
books, most of the Little House series, a fair portion of the Oz books, _A
Wrinkle in Time_, and _Because of Winn-Dixie_. He's liked all of those. He's
started the first Harry Potter book, but it didn't seem to grab his
interest, so we set it aside for the time being.)

Lloyd Alexander: The Prydain Chronicles (5 books, I think)
Susan Cooper: The Dark is Rising series (5 books)
Elizabeth Spea The Bronze Bow or The Witch of Blackbird Pond

Best wishes,
Ericka