Old July 9th 06, 07:38 PM posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding
Anne Rogers

Default Asked to leave a public pool

Hear hear! I was hassled once on an airplane but was too much of a
newbie to respond well, although I did just go about my business once
the flight attendent walked away. USAir's corporate offices could have
cared less when I complained formally.

what did she expect you to do? definitely worth asking in that situation,
she could not have asked you to go to the bathroom in this circumstance,
with the limited number an air hostess is not going to want to make things
more difficult for her (queues in the aisles), it's also plain impossible
given the size of airplane loos. So resumably she expects you to feed the
baby something else, which of course you wouldn't have, so you could ask, do
you carry bottles? Often in circumstances like this it can be that the
airhostess (or waitress or whatever employee) as been asked by another
customer and they themselves have no experience and just do what they are
told. This is rather different from the story above though, where it has
been reinforced by various people.

How can I find out the law in my state (TX) so I'm ready to quote it.
Ready any day now in fact....DS should be born anytime.....

ask in a separate thread here with a clear title and try google, if typing
TX or texas doesn't find it miss it out, there is bound to be a US
breastfeeding law summary page somewhere.

Anne