Old July 21st 06, 04:04 AM posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding
[email protected]

Default Gas problem

If you can't think of anything you've eaten or that she has eaten, I
wouldn't worry about it unless it is causing her to lose sleep. Some
babies' systems are more alert to the goings on inside than others and
some learn what turns into a sort of a reflex reaction later than
others - meaning she could just be annoyed that she feels that toot
flowing through her tummy versus not noticing it and instinctually
letting it rip. lol. I had a doc tell me that when I commented on how
my first seemed to make such a production of the bowel actions about to
come. lol. He never cried, but you could just tell he was very atuned
to something happening. lol.

Liz wrote:
The last few days, my nearly 5 month old DD seems to have been farting a
lot, especiaally when she wakes during the night. She squirms as though her
tummy is uncomfortable (though this is just my interpretation) then lets one
off.

Is it most likely something I've eaten? I can't think of anything I've eaten
recently that might have caused it. Or could it be some stomach bug she's
got? Or is it nothing to worry about?

Thanks,
Liz