Old October 11th 03, 07:33 AM
Banty

Default parenting in the land of dessert

In article , Karen G says...

What do you all do about dessert--frequency, variety, etc?

Karen G

Good topic!

Dessert in my house has always been sort of occasional-special. Special
occasions like birthday cakes, occasional like hey look that's a great pie at
the farmstand. It's on-and-off, maybe twice a week with stints of more or less.

Which, IMO, teaches my son to enjoy food, but not live for food. Not to expect
to have foodstuffs around all the time, but not to get into a deprivation or
forbidden fruit attitude either about it.

Banty