Old November 14th 03, 02:46 AM
Phoebe & Allyson

Default Yet another "ready for solids?"

Akuvikate wrote:

The plan is to start Bug on solids at 6 months, which will happen in 3
and a half weeks.

Caterpillar would have grabbed food off of our plates if not
for paranoid vigilance in the last week or so. No index
card gnawing, but she *loves* to watch people eat, and gets
mad if her view is blocked. Our plan is to let her try some
solids on December 7th (Grandpa and Ah-mah's birthday),
which is a week after she turns 6 months old (she'll be 27
weeks old).

This is contingent on her having had reliably yellow diapers
for a week beforehand. She's been having nasty slimy
dark-green diapers for months, despite (relatively recent)
dairy elimination. Some experimentation has revealed that
wheat and shellfish both trigger green diapers. Haven't
tried eggs, and I don't normally eat enough soy that having
it or not having it is intentional. So I need to have her
system in nonreactive mode before we try anything new, so we
know if it causes a reaction.

So she'll have a bite or two of banana, and if she reacts to
it, we'll hold off on solids for another couple of weeks,
then try a different one. If she doesn't react, then she
can have it for a couple of weeks, then try a second one.

Phoebe
--
yahoo address is unread - substitute mailbolt