Old August 18th 04, 09:50 PM
Carrie

Default Proud To Be Single Parent !!!!!!

There is a lot of negativity flying around about single parents and i
don't really understand it. I am single and PROUD of the fact that take
care of my children alone. I didn't choose to do it alone and i don't
see it any differently then if the other parent had died. I live in a
small old fashioned community that has a lot of conservative elderly
people. These people who were raised strict catholics don't look down on
me for being alone or having children without being married. In fact,
they are proud of me as well. They see that i am stronger then most and
do the work of two. They see the love, care, attention, and affection
that i give double. They see my struggles and pains and my refusal to
give up. It doesn't matter what a troll or flamer has to say. They are
unaware of what we go through. They also don't know the posative that
comes from it. My daughter is only 6 and already she had told me that
she prefers to have one great parent then two lousy ones. Hold your head
up high and be proud.