Old April 10th 05, 09:01 PM
Donna Metler

wrote in message
oups.com...
Okay, so with my rising bps I am wondering how high is too high, and at

what level should I definitely just go deliver rather than arguing with

anybody about waiting longer? I think I have both pre-existing
hypertension that was helped with the aldomet, and then PIH which is
making my bp creep higher and higher. My platelets have also dropped
some, but I have a platelet disorder, so not necessarily a sign of
pre-e. I do get hand and foot swelling, but no protein in urine or
other laboratory signs of pre-e.

Just now in the peace and quiet of my own home my bp was 150/100 at
35.5 weeks pg. It is a bit scary, so my initial desire not to be
induced is wavering, and now I am not sure how much I would fight to
not be induced after 37 weeks, and especially after 38 weeks, assuming
that my bp will continue to rise before then.

I'm also already taking a load of herbal bp remedies too.

150/100 isn't induction level for the perinatal center I went through,
although if it's continually that high, more or different medication may be
indicated. They only induce if there are other symptoms of damage in the
mother or if the baby is showing signs of compromise. Have they done a BPP
to check on fetal oxygen flow and growth?

FWIW, when I went into L&D at 35 weeks in this last pregnancy, my BP was
180/105, and they still weren't talking induction, until they discovered
that I was contracting every 5 minutes, at which point, it was decided the
baby was telling us it was time.