Old July 28th 06, 03:24 PM posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding
cjra

Default Paranoid new mom question #4521 - now sleeping too much?

Mum of Two wrote:
"cjra" wrote in message
oups.com...
We'll get this all worked out soon.

Since Sunday, DD has been feeding like a maniac. Yesterday she slept 2
1hr stretches, and a few 10-15 minute naps throughout the day.
Otherwise, she was feeding. Plenty of wet diapers and poops were either
green or yellow - equal # of both.

She fed last night at 10, then again at 12, then basically slept til
6am. I know a long stretch is ok, but this was 6 hours! now, she did
wake about 2, but wasn't interested in nursing. I nursed her anyway and
she managed 5 mins before pursing her lips and konking out. The 6am
nursing was kind of the same, but I managed to wake her more and get
another 10 mins out of her (i had pumped a bit due to engorgement, so
hopefully what she got was already hindmilk). and she's sleeping again.

Sounds like the post-growth spurt sleep ;-)
I wished I'd been able to sleep at times like those, but I spent more time
worried and uncomfortable with breasts like melons.

yeah, it doesn't really translate into more sleep for me. My breasts
hurt like hell.
She did wake up last night, but doesn't wake up crying, just sort of
gurgling. She didn't seem to want to suck at first, but I finally
picked her up and put her to the breast and 5 mins of sucking calmed
her down. Not sure she ate much, but it's clear she wanted something.
Had to do that a few times during the night.

Yesterday afternoon/evening she made up for her long sleep stretch tho
- she was nursing constantly for awhile!